The Chico Experience Series
Print 2 of 5
Limited Edition of 100, Plus 10 Artist Proofs
5 Color, Hand-Printed Serigraph
October 8, 2011
Actual Image Dimensions: 16" x 16" (paper size will be larger)
Our "Basic" frame package for the Chico Experience Series, as shown above, includes: acid-free foam core backing, archival double mat (Warm White top mat and Raven Black bottom mat; 2 3/4" overall viewable width, 1/4" reveal on bottom mat), standard plexi-glass, and a 1" smooth black, gesso coated wood frame. For other framing options, contact us.
The Chico Experience - 2011- "H"
A set of five serigraphs depicting the favorites of the Chico Lifestyle, as polled from Chico State Alumni. The five piece series will spell out CHICO within their design. One print will be released per year as part of the Chico Alumni Association's Chico Experience Week.
"1. The #2 in the upper center represents this being the second image in the series.
2. You should see a large capital letter 'H' in the background, and since there are 5 letters in Chico and 5 prints in the series, it is the second letter spelling out CHICO.
3. The border detail that surrounds the piece represents different bridges around town- the top border is taken from the bridge at Vallombrosa and 2nd Street, the border on the right side is the railing from the footbridge on the CSUC campus, the bottom represents water, and the left side is a detail of the footbridge connecting Bidwell Mansion to the Children's Playground.
4. The 2011 in the bottom center identifies the second year of the Chico Experience, the year this print was created.
5. The water is Big Chico Creek.
6. The tree on the top right is a Hazel tree, the tree in the top left is a Sycamore.
7. In the negative space created by the 'H' on the top there are 3 bridges, a) Footbridge at Sycamore Pool b) Footbridge on campus c) Vallombrosa / Second Street Bridge. On the bottom of the 'H' is Kendall Hall and another footbridge on campus.
8. The center 'rust' bridge is the Footbridge in Lower Park at Cedar Grove." ~Jake